WHY DO I NEED A SEO AUDIT?
We have been involved in the SEO world for over 10 years and we have seen incredible changes from the search engines in how they compute the search results when someone does a search during this time. Even though we do a lot of work as web designers for nonprofits and small businesses – auditing is a passion and getting people to realize that audits are critical to their online business is something we work hard at!
It used to be that you could just add keywords to your title tags and content and header tags – get a few back links and there you go – you are ranking!
It is NOT AT ALL like that anymore and most business owners have not been able to keep up! There are hundreds of factors used by the search engines to determine how your site will be returned in the results.
Some of the more recent additions to these factors include:
As a website owner it is important for you to know your website!
How many of these questions can you actually answer?
1) How many back links do you have?
2) Are any of your back links low quality?
3) Do you have any broken links on your website?
4) Do you have Schema implemented?
5) Is your site loading too slow?
6) Is your URL structure helping or hurting you?
7) Do you have any Meta issues?
8) Does your mobile website pass validation?
These are just a FEW of the many things needed for proper optimization! If you do not know the answer to these questions – you NEED AN AUDIT!
An audit may still offer some benefits even if you can answer the questions above since most professional SEO audits are much more comprehensive than the 8 items above and will include areas you may be less knowledgeable about.
WHAT A GOOD SEO AUDIT INCLUDES!
An in-depth website SEO audit is not a quick process. Properly done it can take several days if you have a larger website but on average 2 Dogs Media spends approximately 2-3 full days running an audit on an average sized business website.
Why so long you ask? Well, because we care about finding all of the issues and offering simple and easy to use direction on how to improve your web presence. We do an in depth manual review of your website as well as run several reports to retrieve a variety of data that we then analyze and input into a well organized spreadsheet!
Our hands on approach and immersion into data from various sources gives you the best chance of improving your online business!
Website SEO audits we offer can include some or all of the following items:
1) Technical Audit – making sure your site is well coded and runs fast
2) On-site Audit – full review and analysis of all pages for proper keyword use in all pertinent areas (H1-H6, title tags, content etc.)
3) Off-site Audit – analysis of back links and anchor text and authority and trust
4) Social Audit – review current mentions and visibility
5) Local SEO Audit – if you are a local business, we make sure your website is optimized for local and that you have citations and other elements needed to capture local listings
We provide a detailed analysis of every item that is affecting your website!
An average website seo audit report can be upwards of 20-30 tabs in a spreadsheet!